Early each morning Sarah Arrow sends you an e-mail with your challenge for the day. You choose your theme as I did, or you can blog randomly about different themes, but you need to incorporate the daily lesson into the challenge. You post your blog post in the Facebook Group for others to read and comment on, and hopefully share.
At the end of this post is a brief form I would very much like you to complete for me please?
Some of the challenges/lessons include:
- Using keywords effectively
- The importance of images, where to find images and tips on creating your own
- Using an editorial calendar to plan your posts and sharing them.
- This is something I am bad at and have still not satisfactorily achieved. It was probably the main difficulty I had with the Challenge. It takes me 3+ hours to research and write a post, find or create an appropriate image and then share it on all my Social Media. Finding the time to plan and create a calendar was simply too overwhelming for me during this Challenge. Like most other Challengers I have other work commitments and when I saw this Challenge I was tempted to give up. But this was only Day 4 and there was no way that I could give up so early on.
- Writing in batches and scheduling them to post later.
- For me this was also difficult. I wanted to give each post my all and after completing it I was pretty exhausted.
- Learning to use infographics. A very useful technique which I think requires more than 1 day to create. I am going to focus on this aspect a lot more.
- Growing your audience by curating posts and creating Linkups which was totally new to me and fun to try.
- The importance of commenting and sharing posts that others have written.
- By commenting and sharing you are not only helping others but also raising your own brand awareness
- The importance of Calls To Action in each post.
There was so much more but hopefully I have whetted your appetite to give it a shot. Sign up by clicking here
Has it been beneficial?
Definitely. By posting daily traffic to my website has grown steadily. People are spending much longer on the site and visiting more pages. My Social Media following has also increased. Increased subscribers to my blog and the new enquiries has been great. Onwards and upwards I go.
Did I do it in 30 days?
Not quite. Some days I was uninspired, too busy or too tired. But I did it in 34 days.
Most importantly, this Challenge has resulted in me writing more than 21 000 words and got most of the material for my e-book on How To Take Your Business Digital. Something I never thought I could do.
What is next?
I need to finish the content for the e-book, format and edit it, and get it out there.
I will continue to write posts but they won't be every day.
Subscribe to these posts
I would love to help you Take Your Businesses Digital whether it be helping you with your website, accounting or admin systems or getting you going with social media. Complete this form for help.
Now I need your help please
I want to know what you would like help with in terms of Taking Your Business Digital. As a thank you I will send you a free copy of the Take Your Business Digital e-book as soon as it is available.
I look forward to helping you.
Please complete this short form.