Way back in the late 1980’s I started using a DOS based accounting programme called Turbocash which then became Pastel. I loved the programme so much I had an authorised Pastel Payroll and Accounting Training Centre for a few years.
Pastel has now become Sage One Accounting and they have a great Online Accounting System which is affordable for small businesses and works really well.
Here are 12 reasons I really like Sage One Online Accounting:
- You have a 30 day free trial.
- You pay monthly and don’t have to worry about doing programme updates and system bugs.
- Your accountant can have a login and password so that they can quickly sort out errors, do journals and finalise your financial statements without you having to send hard copies or files.
- You can create different budgets eg. Conservative, Optimistic and Realistic and then compare your actuals to them.
- It is easy to manage your stock.
- You can easily import your bank statements which will automatically reconcile your bank accounts. You are not limited to a single account so if you use credit or other cards for your business to these are easily managed.
- There are many different financial reports that you can instantly create, print and/or download in various formats.
- Your invoices and statements look professional and are easily e-mailed or downloaded.
- You can import data from other accounting systems to get up and running quickly.
- You no longer have to worry about running "year end" before moving into the following tax year.
- If you are a VAT vendor your reports are easily generated.
- You can run more than 1 company which is great if you have a couple of businesses that you need to manage.
Gosh having written about all these great features has motivated me to tackle those piles … well I think they can wait till tomorrow.
If only it would do the filing too.
Are you still creating your invoices in EXCEL or WORD? If so, I can help you with a training session to get your accounts into SAGE One quickly and easily.
Do you need help?
- Download a presentation that I have created using Google Slides to explain what Braving Technology does.
- Subscribe to more posts like these by filling in your name and e-mail below. You will receive a detailed Marketing and Website Strategy Planning Document that will save you money and future headaches.
- Complete this form which will open in a new window and I will be in touch.
- If you enjoy these posts please share to your contacts.
I am writing this series of 30 Posts for a 30 Day Blog Challenge that I am participating in. This is Day 28 and once the challenge is over I will be compiling this series into an e-book.