As we continue with our series on using Google Productivity Tools to improve the way you do business, Google Slides is an ideal tool to help you create a great presentation whether it is for your staff, your customers or your investors.
Let us go through a few features of this Presentation Tool called Google Slides.
- Select New from the Create option in Drive and choose Google Slides.
- In a new window the Slides Tool will open and the first thing you get to do is to choose a theme.
- Select any theme for now as you can change it later.
- Give your presentation a name and remember to go to File and Move to the Folder where you want to store it.
- You can now start creating your presentation slide by slide very much as you would with PowerPoint.
- Use the Insert Menu option to insert new slides and other features.
- You can insert Video, Tables, Shapes and of course text which you can format.
- Make sure the text is large enough and doesn’t get lost in the background colour or image.
Don’t forget to go to Tools and select the Spell Checker when you are done. It is very embarrassing to stand up in front of a crowd of people and have a presentation that is riddled with spelling errors. Use the Personal Dictionary feature to add words that are relevant to your business or industry. It will save time when you are spell checking in future.
Another great feature in the Tools section is the option to Research. You can find articles, images, videos and other data and add citations and references to your work.
With presentations, less is more.
- 3 Words or phrases per slide is the maximum
- Use an image or video clip to entertain and educate.
- Use a chart instead of a table.
- Include the details in the handouts at the end of the presentation.
As with Google Docs, Spreadsheets and Forms, you can easily edit your presentation and share it via e-mail and social media.
If you really want to add special features that are available in PowerPoint and not in Google Slides, you can download your presentation in a PowerPoint format.
Knowing that you have a professional presentation is a huge confidence booster when you have to get up and speak.
If you have realised that you need help to Take Your Business Digital:
- Download a presentation that I have created using Google Slides to explain what Braving Technology does.
- Subscribe to more posts like these by filling in your name and e-mail below. You will receive a detailed Marketing and Website Strategy Planning Document that will save you money and future headaches.
- Complete this form which will open in a new window and I will be in touch.