2. Your blog should have a short catchy title.
3. Make a list of up to 25 keywords that are applicable to your topic. I laminate this list and put it up in front of my desk. Use them consistently in your blogs but don't go mad. This way Google and other search engines find you more easily.
4. If possible include a "call to action" in your blog posts. i.e if you want to get more clients in your area say so and remember to include your website, phone and e-mail in each post.
5. Where applicable provide with links to to other sites that you refer to in your blog. By linking to other sites in your blog when people search that topic your blog will come up.
6. Every post should have 1 picture as this increases searchability.
7. Share, share, share ..... get your wife, husband, friends, kids to help you with FB, Twitter, Google+ and any others.
8. Add a video or audio clip to increase interest.
9. Most of us battle with information overload and don't have the time or inclination to read long articles. Keep your posts short 300 - 500 words. Short sentences and short paragraphs.
10 Check your spelling and grammar.
11. Blogging is like any other occupation. It takes time to get the recognition.
12. Have a Comments section so that people can respond to you and you can build a relationship with them. To keep baddies and spammers out make sure you have a Captcha that people need to complete before posting comments.
13. Make sure you have a Subscribe button to encourage them to subscribe to future blog posts.